Thursday, January 7, 2010

I like to make fruit wines, does anyone have a recipes involving a 5 gallon batch or less.?

many of my wines also seem to involve pounds and pounds of sugar. which i know is converted to create alchohal...does anyone use anything other than. regular sugar? is it possible to use syrup's to make a good wine?I like to make fruit wines, does anyone have a recipes involving a 5 gallon batch or less.?
Try some of the recipes here:


http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/


http://www.homewinemaking.co.uk/





I'm using frozen fruit juice concentrate (apple, cranberry, etc.) to raise both the fermentable sugar level, but also the flavors. I'm going more for a strong cider than wine, but either can be used.





The key is to NOT use anything preserved with potassium sorbate or sodium benzoate because either is deadly to your yeast and cannot be removed once added...do read the ingredients on whatever syrup or concentrate you use.I like to make fruit wines, does anyone have a recipes involving a 5 gallon batch or less.?
SORRY I HAVENT MADE IT SINCE I WAS IN PRISON 4 YEARS AGO, BUT GL

No comments:

Post a Comment